We were tasked with creating an OOH brand experience which would:
- Deliver live demonstrations of the Samsung Gear VR and S7
- Provide an impactful OOH media format to showcase the products to the secondary audience who did not wish to take part in the experience
The challenge was to devise an immersive experience and outdoor set which would both deliver trial to customers while serving as an outdoor media format in which the customers taking part in the demonstration would themselves form part of the Samsung Gear VR “OOH ad”.
Having established a suitable location at Westfield London’s Southern Terrace, we designed an experience which included:
- Two 5m x 2.4m high resolution outdoor screens
- A stage and seating for customers to sit and experience the Gear VR first hand
- Engaging and knowledgeable brand ambassadors
- Live product demonstrations which ran continuously throughout the campaign
- “Instax” polaroid pictures for customers in branded frames
The activation ran for 2 weeks and showcased 3 different VR videos (Rollercoaster, Surfing & Skiing) running a content schedule which rotated throughout each day.
Prior to the campaign we conducted a detailed training programme for our brand ambassadors covering detailed product training and event hosting procedures on top of our standard experiential code of conduct.
In order to measure the impact of the experience we conducted a series of consumer market research and measured the secondary audience’s reach via an audience facial recognition measurement camera installed on the top of the stand.
Over the 2 week campaign we recorded the following results:
4,300 Instax photos
612 survey responses
96,478 camera impacts*
View campaign video here>.
*estimate of 1/3 of the total OTS figure
LATEST BLOG POSTS
This weekend Ambient launched the ‘Go Roam’ VR experience for mobile network provider Three. The experience looks to promote
Travelling to Europe by car with the Eurotunnel Le Shuttle, means shorter journey times, a wide choice of
Youth Marketing @ Voxburner This spring, the Ambient team attended ‘Youth Marketing Strategy’, two highly inspirational events days,
As eating habits are becoming increasingly fragmented and the traditional meal structure is changing, how can snack brands use